Decisions about work

Okay for me personally I think this was one of the hardest decisions I had to make.  I decided to work until 38 weeks which was a Wednesday for me.  So I decided to finish the Friday before.  My husband and I decided to save as much as possible which was hard when you need to buy things for the new arrival.  Here's a tip, I brought second hand.

A cot, change table high chair, as I figured this could be cleaned, I only brought mattress for the cot and a pram brand new because that is material.  Where I could go second hand I did, save a lot of money doing this.

Anyway, I decided that I would take a little over 6 months off, now to explain, I was brought up with mum at home with kids type thing.  I struggled with this decision, as our personal goal was to do exactly that.  The problem, my hubby injured his back and badly and someone has to work.  This was before our government helping with Maternity leave, luckily our work place assisted by paying for 3 months which really helped.

I just want you to know that your decision regardless of what it is, is yours and your family to make.  My preference was to be a stay at home mum, however life changed that and I did need to go to work.

Don't let people make this decision for you and there are a lot of detractors who will say things like daycare is terrible, it is cheaper, whatever.  Your choice is your choice.  My choice due to the circumstance was that after 6 months I would go back to work and my child would be in daycare 4 days a week.  I must admit I hated this idea, however, I put this to the back of my mind, and decided to see how we go, I mean that baby hasn't even been born yet.

I mean we still have to arrange a room for our new addition.  Girls a good note, get your guys to pick the pram if you are short, otherwise they will never help you push it...

No comments:

Post a Comment